Compression of HDF5 data in Resqml 1.3 java wrapper

Hi
I am using fesapi 1.2.3.0 java wrapper. I want to compress hdf5 data.
om.f2i.energisticsStandardsApi.common.HdfProxy has method
setCompressionLevel(long newCompressionLevel)
HdfProxy creation is done by following method which is returning AbstractHdfProxy

public com.f2i.energisticsStandardsApi.common.AbstractHdfProxy createHdfProxy(String guid, String title, String packageDirAbsolutePath, String externalFilePath, com.f2i.energisticsStandardsApi.common.DataObjectRepository.openingMode hdfPermissionAccess)

When i down cast like this
(HdfProxy) repo.createHdfProxy("", "External HDF5 proxy", epcDoc.getStorageDirectory(),epcDoc.getName() + ".h5", mode)
It gives following exception java.lang.ClassCastException: com.f2i.energisticsStandardsApi.common.AbstractHdfProxy cannot be cast to com.f2i.energisticsStandardsApi.common.HdfProxy
So please let me know how I can utilize compression feature of hdf5 data.

Hi,

It is a lack of java functionalities in v1.*
It has been fixed (with other fixes and improvements) in Allows definition of custom HDF proxy through SWIG and small bug fixe… · F2I-Consulting/fesapi@01b8748 · GitHub and is integrated since v2.0.0.0 (November 2020)

Potential workaround : you can try to move the method from line 227 of fesapi/swigModule.i at v1.2.3.0 · F2I-Consulting/fesapi · GitHub to line 222. i.e. from HdfProxy to AbstractHdfProxy and rebuild everything.

Regards

ok, thanks for your responce Philippe!